Soon To Be A New Me

Friday, November 03, 2006

Three Month Weigh In

I am now down 61 pounds! I am just amazed at how good I feel and wish I would have had this surgery a year ago. I am slowly cleaning out all my BIG clothes and will be making a donation to a women's shelter in Fresno soon. Being the pack rat I am, I have plenty of clothes to wear until I get down to a 16. I found a box of clothes in the garage that had not been touched since 1998. I have 15 pairs of really cute shorts that will be way too big by next Summer.
My hair started falling out in the last two weeks. I am going to buy a wig before I dye my hair just in case it all falls out! I am getting in over 80 grams of protein everyday and have been taking Biotin since surgery.
I survived Halloween and wasn't even tempted to buy any candy. Usually I buy multiple bags and eat it all BEFORE Halloween and have to buy more to give out! We don't get any Trick or Treaters so there was no reason to buy any candy whatsoever.
I went to the Social Security office the other day to change my name finally. I was greated by a police officer who proceeded to go through my purse. He took out my small plastic hair pick and told me that was considered a "lethal weapon". I replied to him, "What do you think I am going to do with it? Pick someone to death?" He didn't think that was funny but everyone sitting and waiting started laughing. He said he wouldn't confiscate it this time but I was to leave it in my vehicle upon my next visit. Once I got up to the window, the SS worker entered my SS# in the computer and informed me that number didn't belong to me. I have had this number since I was 15 and showed her my SS card. She proceeds to lecture me about carrying my SS card with me! DUH, I only brought it with me because I was going to the SOCIAL SECURITY office! She entered my number wrong THREE times before she finally got it right.
I have an appointment in the morning with an OB/GYN to see about getting rid of my monthly horror. I hope I can have something done before Christmas. I want to have an Uterine Ablation since that is the least invasive and I don't have to be knocked out. Enough is enough!

10 Comments:

  • At 11/03/2006 4:16 AM, Blogger JUST JEN said…

    Wow, Susan, you're doing great on the weight loss. One tip for the thinning hair is to hcange the style and go shorter. Also, consider a different part. My hair thinned a lot from months 3-7, but then really thickened up again.

     
  • At 11/03/2006 7:12 AM, Blogger Too Fat To Fly... said…

    Awwww Wow, Susan! You are doing so well! I am really happy for you :-)

    It's good that you were able to resist the temptations over Halloween. Like I said in my blog, we Brits don't seem to celebrate Halloween quite so full on, though I think it's becoming far more popular over here lately.

    Keep up the great work. Look after yourself...

    Hugs,

    Lins x

     
  • At 11/04/2006 3:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WOW!Congrats on the weight loss, that is amazing! I am sure you won't lose all your hair. I lost a lot of hair through the 3 to the 6 or 7 month post surgery, but not enough to require a wig. Now I have two hair lenghts, short and long. Not too noticeable in the cold weather since my hair gets very straight when it is cold but a pain in the summer when it is frizzy. So worth it though.

    Don't you love to see your tax dollars working hard for you... I need to go to the SS office soon and after reading your story decided I may postpone it to next year after all...lol

    Congrats!

     
  • At 11/04/2006 1:08 PM, Blogger bye said…

    Ma'am,

    Please accept my deepest apologies for not writing/calling in forever. 61! 61! 61! Fan-freakin'-flucking-tasmanian-tastic! Frenso. . .warm weather. *sigh* We had flurries here a coupla daze ago.

    Thinkinboutcha!

     
  • At 11/06/2006 9:48 PM, Blogger Danyele said…

    Hi Susan - CONGRATULATIONS on that 61 lbs!!! You're doing so awesome. How are you getting in all the protein? Are you still drinking Unjury?

     
  • At 11/13/2006 1:26 AM, Blogger Too Fat To Fly... said…

    Hi Susun,

    Just thought I'd drop you a line to say "Hi"

    I hope that you are well? How are things going?

    I hope that life is treating you well just now :-)

    Catch up with you soon...

    Love N Hugs,

    Lins x

     
  • At 11/13/2006 1:27 AM, Blogger Too Fat To Fly... said…

    Oops! *Susan* LOL

     
  • At 11/14/2006 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay! Congratulations! Now we can go out to lunch and have some nibblies.

    I'm comin in on Dec 6th for a check up and to frighten the natives. You free then?

     
  • At 11/16/2006 11:51 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Awesome weightloss, Susan! And I'm with you on the hair falling out everywhere. It totally sucks and I'm not going ANYWHERE near the hair dye for about another three months. Ugh!

    Keep up the good work!

     
  • At 12/13/2006 8:41 AM, Blogger Too Fat To Fly... said…

    Hi Susan,

    I keep checking your blog for updates...

    How are things with you and life in general? I hope that you are okay? It seems like ages since we were last in touch.

    Look after yourself...

    Luv N Hugs

    Lins x

     

Post a Comment

<< Home