Soon To Be A New Me

Friday, August 11, 2006

TWO WEEK UPDATE

I can't believe that two weeks ago I was just now coming out of surgery. Time flies!

I am feeling great! I tried on a pair of pants today that I tried a month ago and couldn't button or zip up. Well, I got them buttoned AND zipped and didn't even have on my super hold-in-the-tummy underwear on! I was so excited that I am down a whole size in two weeks.

I drove for the first time today and went into town to the grocery store. I stocked up on Alan's frozen Healthy Choice Dinners and Carb Countdown milk for me to mix with my Unjury protein powder. I am so glad my Father-in-Law sent me a Magic Bullet with tons of attachments. I use it several times a day. I try to get in three protein shakes a day.

As for food, I still have NO appetite and have only eaten some applesauce. I am drinking tons of water and watered down Gatorade still. I did buy some thin sliced turkey breast that I am going to try to eat. I want to try some tuna mixed with a little mayo first.

I see my surgeon on Wednesday for my second follow-up and I can't wait to see how much I weigh. I noticed after my first follow-up appointment they listed my goal weight as 131! HA!
I can't imagine weighing less than 150. Jen at Hot Fat 4 Sale had a great Blog entry about what we should weigh. Very interesting information.

I am still waiting for my daughter to email me the picture she took before I left for surgery so I can post that here. I will also post about my surgery experience at that time.

6 Comments:

  • At 8/11/2006 6:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Isnt that the greatest feeling ever??? Get ready for many more moments like that one. xoxo.

     
  • At 8/12/2006 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How wonderful to hear you posting such upbeat information. Isn't it great? I love my bullet, also. I drink one shake a day, eat the rest of my protein, but that little thing is just the best. I also use Unjury and Carb Countdown. Both rock.

    Alot of people have trouble with poultry soon after WLS. I still dont' handle it that well, so don't be discouraged if the turkey lunchmeat is a bit hard at first. Do try that tuna though, it was easy to eat, together with applesauce (to which I often added vanilla unjury, a teaspoon or so per serving). Snuck it in everywhere I could! xox

     
  • At 8/12/2006 9:32 PM, Blogger bye said…

    two weeks=one size

    coolest. thing. ever.

    :))) KT

     
  • At 8/13/2006 6:29 AM, Blogger Too Fat To Fly... said…

    Hi Susan,

    I'm so happy that things are going well for you. You sound so upbeat and positive!

    I can't wait to hear how much more you've lost when you see your Dr again on Wednesday.

    All the very best...

    Love Lins x

     
  • At 8/16/2006 12:35 PM, Blogger Danyele said…

    You lost a size in two weeks?! That is so cool - glad to hear you're doing so well and feeling good too :-)

     
  • At 8/17/2006 2:10 PM, Blogger Too Fat To Fly... said…

    Hi Susan,

    How are you doing?

    I'm dying to hear how you got on at your 2.5 week follow-up appointment :-)

    Hope all is well...

    Love Lins x

     

Post a Comment

<< Home