Soon To Be A New Me

Friday, August 04, 2006

FIRST WEEK FOLLOW-UP

I had my first week follow-up appointment today with my surgeon's associate, Dr. Boone. My surgeon is on vacation in Brazil. I first met with Alice whom I first met in the operating room last Friday. She weighed me and I am down 22 pounds since my first consultation appointment, 15 of which I lost in the last WEEK!

I mentioned to Alice that my right knee had been sore for the last few days and she immediately went and brought Dr. Boone in the room to take a look at my leg. I am sure it is orthopedic, but he wants me to go have another doppler study to rule out any blood clots. I should get a call Monday from the hospital as he ordered it ASAP.


Alice asked what I had been "eating" the past week and when I told her basically nothing but water and watered down Gatorade she had a surprised look on her face. I don't know why since that was on the list and after 2 cups of chicken broth I didn't want anymore.
My second week food choices are:
Soups: tomato, split pea, lentil, etc
Refried Beans
Mashed Potato
Cottage Cheese
Cream of Wheat
Yogurt
Applesauce
Banana
Tofu
Peanut Butter
Mashed hard boild eggs

Out of this list there are only a few things that I actually like. I am going to try to eat some Yogurt since I know it has protein.
I will eat applesauce, bananas, mashed potatoes, and maybe put some peanut butter into a small protein shake. I am NOT hungry at all. I will try one of these tomorrow. I had my daughter buy me a half gallon of Chocolate Carb Countdown so I will mix up a small shake for lunch.

Alice wants me to start on my chewable multivitamins and B12. I ordered some calcium wafers that should arrive by Monday.

After my Dr. appointment, Alan, Savannah and I went to The Elephant Bar so they could eat an early dinner. I drank two glasses of ice tea with spenda while they ate. The food smelled good but I wasn't even tempted to eat anything. I told them my new mantra would be "You can never be too RICH or too THIN!"

Savannah is leaving tomorrow to visit her grandma in Eureka for a few more weeks. She will be back here for a visit before she has to start work and school. I truly don't know what we would have done without her this last week. She has been very helpful to both Alan and I. I am really going to miss her when she leaves.

Savannah has been transfering all our home video's to DVD'S. Earlier tonight we watched one of her when she was in Jr. High and on the same tape was a visit we made to my Dad's. After watching it for about 5 minutes I started crying and asked her to turn it off. I guess it is just too soon for me but it comforts her to be able to hear and see him.

6 Comments:

  • At 8/05/2006 8:21 AM, Blogger Too Fat To Fly... said…

    Hi Susan,

    Well done on your fab weight loss! It looks like things are moving in the right direction :-)

    Don't forget to update your weight loss ticker ;-) That should give you an extra boost everytime you see your ticker moving towards your goal weigh.

    Keep up the great work, Susan.

    Love Lins x

     
  • At 8/05/2006 9:05 AM, Blogger ShirleyValentine said…

    Hi Lins,
    I tried to update my WL ticker and have NO CLUE how to do it! I am a techno tard when it comes to this stuff.
    Susan

     
  • At 8/05/2006 1:25 PM, Blogger bye said…

    Ya big show off!

    22 big pounds. . .

    That's EIGHTY EIGHT stick of BUTTER!

    I remember that cream of tomato soup and I had quite the intimate relationship during week two.

    I'm thinking of you lots these days. Be proud of yourself ~ you have taken the biggest (and bestest) step ever to become more healthy and happy that you can imagine right now.

    Woot!!!!

     
  • At 8/06/2006 9:59 PM, Blogger Dagny said…

    While you're not hungry GO WITH IT. Consume what your doctor tells you but keep it simple! Maximize those results!! You're going to do GREAT!

     
  • At 8/07/2006 10:17 AM, Blogger Danyele said…

    Hi Susan,

    So glad to hear that things are going well .. 22 lbs is fantastic!

     
  • At 8/07/2006 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Fantastic Results!!! And yes, smaller ankles is a wow moment. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home